Saturday, July 7, 2012

Amazing Grain-Free Pancakes

On our road to eating healthy, we've come across great recipes, but these pancakes have got to be near the top when it comes to coolness and yumminess!  They are simple and delicious, and most would never guess they are grain and sugar free, and loaded with protein.  And they have just 4 ingredients!

Peanut Butter Pancakes (About 16 pancakes)

2 Ripe Bananas
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
4 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda

In a medium size mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork.  Add eggs, peanut butter and baking soda and stir thoroughly or beat with a mixer (I just mix it well with a wooden spoon).  Heat coconut oil or butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and pour small pancakes, using 1/8-1/4 cup.  (Tip: the batter is a little "gloopy" from the bananas, so I sometimes use the measuring cup I poured them with to spread the batter a bit.)


Flip when they bubble in the middle, just like any other pancake.


They puff up beautifully while cooking and sink down some after, and they are sooooooo good!  We top them with applesauce and enjoy them (and then go back for seconds!).  My kids request them nearly every day, and they are my husband's favorite breakfast, and leftover snack. 

My sweet 10 year old likes to surprise me on special days by getting up early and making breakfast for us, and this is the recipe she enjoys most because it's so simple she has it memorized, and it's easy to make.  I hope you enjoy them, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment